December 4, 2014 | Posted by Elyse Tirrell
‘Tis the season for shopping, for sure… Secret Santa, 8 days of Hanukkah, a week of Kwanzaa, holiday parties, Christmas morning, fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-LA! But how to please everyone on your list?
We all want to find thoughtful gifts that our friends and loved ones will be thrilled to open, but the search can be stressful and time-consuming this time of year. Good news for anyone on the hunt for fashion-related gifts: I found the coolest mobile app that not only connects a network of actual shoppers, but also gives us the opportunity to help each other find the clothing items we’ve been searching for in stores and on websites across the globe. It’s called Where to Get.
This app is reminiscent of Pinterest in some ways. It’s fun to just browse through for gift inspiration (and outfit inspiration too!). And, as the name promises, you can literally figure out where to get the things you’re looking for. Here’s how it works:
1. First, download the Where to Get app.
2. Pick the categories you are interested in searching through, such as Holiday Gift, Winter Outfits, Home Décor, specific brand or styles, etc. There are so many specific categories (and you can pick more than one), which makes searching for specific items much faster.
3. You can post your own photos of items you’re looking for – whether you took the pic yourself or saw it on Instagram, Pinterest, etc -- or search though other shoppers' photos already posted within each category.
4. If you love something you see, you can add it to your Want list, Like list or Wish list, which are all organized separately on your profile page.
5. Look back in the Want, Like, and Wish categories for tips from others that may include:
- links to stores or websites that carry the item you are looking for
- similar items and where you can find those instead
This app is so worth checking out! Why not shop around from your phone and avoid the mobs?? I promise Where to Get will help you organize your gift ideas and help you track things down too. I can imagine myself revisiting this very app even after the holidays to find some cute things for myself, too…