Rice Flour Batter
1 cup rice flour
½-¾ cup water
Salt and pepper
Whisk together flour and water until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Let batter sit for 15 minutes.
1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta
½ cup roasted corn kernels
3 tablespoons grated cotija cheese
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
16 squash blossoms
2 cups vegetable oil
1 ½ cups micro greens
Citrus Vinaigrette – page TK
Sweet %26 Hot Yellow Pepper Vinaigrette – page TK
1. Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth. Place ricotta in the strainer and set it over a bowl. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the excess liquid to drain and the ricotta to get thick.
2. Place the drained ricotta in a medium bowl and fold in the corn, grated cheese and basil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each squash blossom. Gently press the filling into the base of the flower. Cover with the petals and pinch the top to seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a large high sided sauté pan until it reaches 375 degrees F. Hold the squash blossoms by the stem. Dip each into the batter, making sure to coat completely. Let any excess batter drip off. Place the blossom in the oil in batches of four and fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
5. Place the micro greens in a large bowl and toss with ¼ cup of citrus vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of the yellow pepper vinaigrette on the bottom of each plate, top with 4 of the blossoms and place some of the micro greens in the center.