For the pork chops:
Juice of 1 orange
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 basil leaves, roughly chopped
kosher saltfreshly ground black pepper
2 boneless pork chops
1 tablespooncanola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. For the marinade, in a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, ¼ cup olive oiland basil.
3. Place the pork chops into the marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours prior to cooking.
4. Remove pork from marinade and drain off any excess liquid. Blot on paper towel ifnecessary.
5. In a largeskillet or cast iron pan, heat 1 tablespoon canolaoil over high heat until itbegins to shimmer. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
6. Sear the pork chops until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a sheet pan lined with parchment and place them in the oven to continue to cook until done, about 5 minutes, depending upon thickness. Remove to a plate and tent loosely with foil and let rest.
7. Serve along with Nectarine Salad, recipe below.
For the Nectarine Salad:
2 nectarines, pitsremoved, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon honey
4 basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon balsamic glaze, optional
1 Drizzle the oil over the nectarines and season with salt and pepper.
2. In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat until it begins to shimmer.
3. Add the nectarines cut side down to the pan and cook until seared and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn fruit and continue the cooking process, searing all sides of the nectarines until golden on all sides. Remove to a plate and top each half with some blue cheese, a drizzle of honey, basil, almonds and black pepper.